Prometheus shows the currently loaded alert definitions. Open WKP UI in your browser and:
- Click the Prometheus button in the list of cluster components
- Click Alerts in the Prometheus navigation bar
- The list of loaded alert defintions is displayed
Some example alerts are included in the
cluster/manifests folder of your config repo. To create a new alert:
- Open the
- Uncomment the contents of the file.
- Modify and add new alert definitions to the file. (See additional resources for more detailed information about Alertmanager's alert format and options.)
git pushthe changes to your config repoistory.
Flux will detect the change and add the new alerts into the cluster. Check that the new alert has been loaded by following view active alert definitions above.
- The prometheus alerting rule documentation describes alert definitions and their options in more detail.
- The prometheus operator alerting documentation describes the
PrometheusRuleCRD that we use to load the alert definitions.
Here is one of the example alerts that will fire continuously, helping you check everything is working.